Product placement, or embedded marketing, is an increasingly popular way for companies to showcase their brand identity or latest products during a television show or movie. This form of advertising is a great way to raise brand awareness amongst viewers, and will often demonstrate your product in action or being consumed.
Your products can be contextually positioned in a way that allows your advertisement to have a presence without directly associating itself with television commercials. This has a number of benefits, namely that the viewer is actively attentive whilst watching a programme.
The most seamless and realistic placements are the most effective, and a viewer’s interest in their favourite show or character can lead to a positive association being formed between product and programme.
- Research has shown that around 28% of UK consumers’ opinions of brands improve after seeing a product placed in a show.
- Advertising spots or TV sponsorship campaigns that run with product placement ads see both brand awareness and purchasing intent double.
- Arguably one of the most famous and earliest examples of product placement is from the classic movie E.T – American candy company Hershey’s saw sales of their ‘Reese’s Pieces’ snacks increase by 80% after they were featured in the film.
- Research from ITV found that 98% of viewers said product placement made either no difference to their enjoyment of a programme or enhanced their viewing experience.
- This means that viewers actively enjoy product placements, with the lack of disruption to the viewing experience being an important quality.
- Communication – Product placement can help to normalise a brand as it is seen, used and understood in a natural context.
- Awareness – It can create a positive association between programme and product for the viewer, which in turn leads to improved brand awareness and an increase in sales.
- Impact – Couple your product placement advertising campaign with a television commercial or TV sponsorship campaign to make an even greater impact on the viewer.
To advertise your brand with TV product placement, get in touch with TV Advertising Media today. You can speak with us over the phone or via our online contact form.